Dermatology Positions Available
If you are searching for a new position and don’t see the opportunity that is right for you, contact Gene Corbett. Mr. Corbett will customize a search specific to your geographic and practice preferences.
University of Connecticut
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Connecticut is continuing to grow and therefore is seeking additional dermatologists, and a Pediatric Dermatologist to join its faculty.
The ideal candidate will serve as an educator to our dermatology residents and a mentor to our students, as well as excel in patient care. The successful candidate will serve on the faculty and practice clinical dermatology in a State-of-the-Art 25k square foot facility as well as many new satellite offices. We have an active clinical trials section and are active in patient service at John Dempsey Hospital. Opportunities to pursue sub-specialties in dermatology and research as well as clinical trials are encouraged.
The Department of Dermatology, which currently has 21 full professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and researchers as well as one nurse practitioner and a physician assistant, is in the midst of a major expansion in its training programs and clinical operation. The Department initiated a dermatology residency program at UCONN and also a Mohs surgical fellowship and research fellowship in the clinical trials section. The dermatology residency program has training opportunities at John Dempsey Hospital, The Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital, and the Veteran’s Hospital in Newington, as well as the primary practice within the University Medical Group.
Clinical practice activities of the Department include:
• Outpatient clinic and inpatient consultation services at John Dempsey Hospital.
• Outpatient clinics at the Newington VA Hospital.
• An outpatient clinic at the St. Francis Hospital.
• Sub-specialty clinics include multi-disciplinary melanoma, clinics in collaboration with oncology and oncologic surgery, dermatology-rheumatology clinics, cutaneous lymphoma clinics, atypical nevi, clinics with total body digital imaging, pediatric dermatology, podiatric dermatology, and teledermatology.
• Confocal microscopy and Melafind technology.
• Clinical trials for new dermatologic medications, including atopic dermatitis and psoriasis.
• A very active dermatopathology and immunodermatopathology laboratory that services John Dempsey Hospital, our University Group and many area private practitioners.
• Mohs Surgical suites, manned by 3 Full Time Mohs Surgeons.
• Phototherapy suites with UVA, and NUVB body and hand/foot units as well as an excimer laser.
• A laser suite containing several lasers and IPLs.
• A robust clinical trials unit.
• Multiple new satellite offices in the surrounding towns.
The University of Connecticut pays a highly competitive salary and incentive plan. A benefits package includes health and dental benefits, life and disability insurances, tax-deferred retirement compensation plans with paid vacation and opportunities for continuing medical education. Tuition waivers for dependents also are included.
Farmington is nestled in a valley and therefore, the four seasons are magnificent. There is a beautiful fall experience, winter skiing in Connecticut, Vermont and the Berkshires, and summer escapes to nearby shoreline beaches and lakes. Cape Cod and the islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard are a few hours drive away. Bradley International Airport is located just a short drive away on I-91. New York City and Boston are only approximately two hours away by car.
Leading our search is Gene Corbett. Gene may be contacted at 800-229-9759 or Gene.Corbett@physicianfinders.com. Gene has spent considerable time at the University and will be a great source of information for you to start learning about continuing your career with the University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine.